TALES OF OUR TRAVELS AND OUR LOVE OF ADVENTURE

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Nasty Head Cold

The night before last I started having a few sniffles, which led me to believe that I was allergic to something in the air. (Normally, when I get a cold, it starts with a sore throat.) After breakfast yesterday morning, I went to a few places in Bishop - the Ben Franklin store for some batting, the Schat.net store for a camera-computer cable, and the Mountain Light Gallery to see Galen Rowell's awe-inspiring photography. By the time I got back to the trailer around noon, I was hoarse and clogged - Don said I really sounded awful. Within a couple of hours, I had a full-blown head cold. Last night was a terrible night - the nose kept running, my eyes were itchy and watery, and I had to keep blowing my nose in order to sleep. I'm sure Don didn't get much sleep listening to me honk and sniff all night. Today he's out at the Owens River again, and I stayed in to rest and try to shake this.


I picked up some generic Dayquil - why do they make those pills so huge? - but this must be the worst day of this cold because it doesn't seem to be helping any.

(Yeah, I know, poor, poor, Cyndi.) As my friend Sandy said last night on facebook, at least the scenery's beautiful! The mountains in the distance in the top photograph are the Sierras, and the ones in the bottom photograph are the White Mountains. Bishop lies in a gorgeous high desert valley in between the two ranges.

Today I pieced together two mini-quilts for some swaps, but since I left all my colored thread at home, I'll have to wait to quilt and bind them. So after I hit "publish" on this post, I'm going to go sit outside and read for a bit - which will probably lead to a nice nap!

No comments: