TALES OF OUR TRAVELS AND OUR LOVE OF ADVENTURE

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Busy, busy day - getting rid of more "stuff!"

Don looks over the upper Conejos River Valley, Colorado
June, 2006


We sure did get a lot accomplished today. We have:
a. Two boxes to be mailed - beer steins to a colleague from Zweibrucken Air Base and a quilt to my sister in Texas
b. 4 large bags of trash
c. 6 boxes (paper case size) of small items for yard sale
d. 1 large sack of clothes and shoes for yard sale
e. 1 small box of memorabilia and 1 box of Christmas ornaments for our daughter
f. 2 boxes of notebooks and teaching materials to give away (I held on to them just in case I ever went back into the classroom - but now I won't so I don't need them any more).
Don spent several hours in the basement going through fishing stuff and bringing me boxes of things to go through; I just kept sorting and pricing and trying to get rid of as much as possible.  We're beginning to make a dent in the stuff - and when I first started, I didn't know I had that much!  Crazy!
My thoughts go out to the people of Yazoo City, Mississippi and all the surrounding towns affected by yesterday's tornadoes. 

No comments: