TALES OF OUR TRAVELS AND OUR LOVE OF ADVENTURE

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Home from the Kern River

I'm writing this from home--Sunday night, April 24. We got home around 1:30 this afternoon.

Saturday was another gorgeous day in the Sierras. We got up at 6:30 and this time, since it was warmer than Friday, enjoyed our morning coffee outside. Breakfast was Apple Breakfast Stacks, and then Don headed upriver again to the Wild Trout section.

He came back early, and announced, "Got a big problem.". Since I'd heard some ticking noises in the truck on the way, my first thought was that something was wrong with the truck. But no, he showed me his waders, which had sprung a big leak. His sweatpants were soaked. He'd torn up the waders scrambling through some brush after an errant fly. We went to Kernville to the fly shop to replace the waders. (Cost of errant fly: $2.75. Cost of new waders: $162.00). And the truck's still making ticking noises.

Dinner was hamburgers and fried potatoes; again we enjoyed some of the evening before going to bed to read.

This morning we were up at 6:30 again (I don't know how he does it--no alarm clock, and he doesn't wear a watch.). We heated up the leftover breakfast quesadillas from Friday, and were out of the campground by 8:00.

We were home in plenty of time to watch our Ducks get eliminated from the hockey playoffs and also saw our Angels get shellacked by the Red Socks. We've done laundry, unpacked everything, and are now enjoying "Amazing Race."







This is one of the things I do when Don is fishing, and I don't feel like staying at the trailer. In this picture I'm cross stitching and getting my legs sunburned.

I'm going to attempt to add a map to this post:


View Weekend Trip to the Kern River in a larger map

We're now starting the countdown to our big trip. 39 Days!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Rick said...

Cyndi, looks like you've got this fishing thing down pat!

Rustedgranny said...

What a beautiful and peaceful looking place to stitch. I'm planning which pieces to take - thanks for the idea. I never would have thought to stitch outside using sun for light!

Sondra said...

well did he get the fly? lol I probably would have done the same--What a beautiful spot to enjoy some quite time with the needle--I know you are getting so excited wow seems like only yesterday you were saying you had one yr to go now its 39 DAYS!! Wow--hope my time goes off that fast when I can finally shuck it all and take off!!

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing Blog said...

Are you on Hitch Itch? Jorge and I are on there too... I am asking because I see faces in your comments I know - I love the RV world!!

Evielynne
campground_crafters group (so glad you joined)