TALES OF OUR TRAVELS AND OUR LOVE OF ADVENTURE

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The consequences of driving too fast

What's missing from this picture is what Don and I saw yesterday - the pickup truck upside down in front of the sign.  I talked about this in my previous post; we saw the accident and are surprised we didn't see anything in the paper today about it. The driver took the turn at the bottom of the canyon too quickly; over-compensated when he started going off on the right side of the road, veered left across the far lane and flipped twice, coming to rest upside down up against the sign.

This is one of the results of having Highway 330 closed - lots of drivers who are unfamiliar with Highway 38.  

1 comment:

Sondra said...

So did you ever find out if the driver survived the crash? I saw a pick up roll over twice once on the Belt Parkway on my way to work...it happens so fast-