TALES OF OUR TRAVELS AND OUR LOVE OF ADVENTURE

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Mirror Lake

Monday, August 6




Mirror Lake is at 11,000 feet and sits just underneath Tincup Pass along the Continental Divide. To get to it, you drive about 11 miles from Taylor Park to the old town of Tincup. In the center of town, take a left and go 3 miles on a very rocky, bumpy road up to Mirror Lake.

When we got there, I set out my chair and a good book, and Don took his float tube and got into the lake.





I was very foolish and sat out in the sun too long. I forgot that at 11,000 feet, you can get a sunburn much quicker than you can at lower elevations. My legs took the brunt of it--luckily our neighbors back at Taylor Park had some aloe vera gel I could use.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: