TALES OF OUR TRAVELS AND OUR LOVE OF ADVENTURE

Friday, June 10, 2011

Henry's Lake - 2




This is the view from our front door. The lake isn't visible from here but is just a half mile away.





These are the East Centennial Mountains, to the west. This is the view I have looking out the window from my recliner. The lower dirt road goes west up Red Rock Pass and into Montana.

Yesterday and today Don spent most of the day fishing. It was the first time we had time alone (without the other). We'd been together 24-7 for 6 days, and it was time for "me time" for each of us. I did laundry yesterday morning, then pulled out the sewing machine to "make fabric." I took a gallon-sized ziploc bag full of scraps and sewed them into increasingly larger pieces until I had most of the scraps used up. I have enough 3 7/8" and 3 1/5" squares for 5 12" stars (using solid background) as well as all the large pieces in the photos below.











Tomorrow I plan to cut the orange background pieces for the stars and start putting the stars together.

There's a roast beef with potatoes, carrots, and onions in the oven, and since it's been a nice day outside, it's pretty warm in here. But Don got himself chilled while he was fishing, and thinks it's just fine. At least it smells nice!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Travels with Emma said...

Your scenery shots bring back pleasant memories! :)