TALES OF OUR TRAVELS AND OUR LOVE OF ADVENTURE

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Big Trip - Day i

No, that's not a typo.  You know how in some books there are pages in the front before the book really starts? They're numbered i, ii, iii, iv, and so on.  Yesterday was day i.  We've moved the trailer out of storage into Yucaipa Regional Park, where we're staying for 3 nights before we hit the road. This way we can load everything into it, make lists of what we still need from the house, and I can go to work 5 minutes away instead of 20.

So I took off from work around 2 and joined Don over at the park. He'd set up an hour or so earlier. We enjoyed sitting outside in the cool shade for a while, set up the TV and satellite dish, ate a dinner of chicken, rice a roni, and salad, and then relaxed in the evening before he crashed early. He was tired. I stayed up and watched TV until 11, and did a little stitching on a colorful owl cross stitch piece.

The night was great for sleeping - must have gotten down in the low 50s. I had to close the windows because it was almost too chilly. I'm so glad we put the two memory foam pads on the bed in the trailer - it's so comfortable that it's not an adjustment at all.

So, today is day ii, I'm at work (working hard, can you tell?) until noon. Then I've been invited to lunch with the high school English Department. If I hadn't become president I'd be teaching with them, so it's very kind of them to include me in their end-of-year lunch. There are 4 of them, plus me, retiring, and Patrick will be leaving to be president - so there will be big changes.

That's it for now.  Only 1 more day of my career after today.

5 comments:

Travels with Emma said...

Tomorrow afternoon begins your new career! :)

Cindy said...

Oooh I am excited for you!! Can't wait to read of all your adventures!!

Hugs and enjoy these days left..lol

Cindy and Walker

Sondra said...

WOW...my sister had her last day at her career yesterday. Last week the town gave her a retirement party..she ws their postmaster! I know you must be so excited to be taking off for your Trip!

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Good idea to have a sort of dry run. Exciting!

Shirley said...

How wonderful for you. My husband always say if he had know retirement was this great he would have done it when he was 30.