TALES OF OUR TRAVELS AND OUR LOVE OF ADVENTURE

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Posting via my iPhone

Greetings from Taylor Park, Colorado, where we're camped in site #66
in the Lakeview Campground. We have electric hookups, and the water
spigot is close enough to this site that we were able to use our Water
Thief and rum a hose to fill up our fresh water tank. The dump station
is 5 miles away but at least there IS one. We have a breathtaking view
of the lake and the entire valley--ringed by the Collegiate Peaks and
the Sawatch Range. I'll post pics when I have Internet access again.
I'm doing a post for the first time via email-I'd forgotten that I
could do that or I'd have done it earlier.

Don is in fishing heaven-he's caught rainbows out of the upper Taylor
River, rainbows and brook trout out of Willow Creek and Mirror Lake,
and yesterday he caught a huge pike while float tubing in the lake.

I've done some sewing, some reading, and a lot of TV-watching. My
excuse for that is that both the World Cup and Wimbledon are on. I
went with Don to Mirror Lake and read a bit while watching him float
the lake all day. I'm glad I brought sunscreen with me-the sun burns
pretty brightly at 11,000 feet!

The weather has been wonderful-scattered thundershowers and lots of
sun. Since we have this magnificent view, we can watch the
thundershowers move across the valley 20 miles away. We know Aspen is
about 30 miles due north over the Collegiate Peaks, and when we see
the distant lightning, we know it's over Aspen.

Tomorrow we're going to the Farmers' Market in Crested Butte. We both
have a craving for fresh asparagus again, and I'll look for more nice
fruits and veggies to eat next week. I also like to walk up and down
Elk Acenue and visit the shops. They have a good shoe store there that
carries Keens, so maybe I'll see if they have the thong sandals I like
so much.

Until next time!

2 comments:

Sondra said...

My Sis lives in CO I visited her in June...there is a nice campground in Meredith,CO and the Frying Pan is a great river for fly fishing!!
I have never tried to fly fish but it sure looks like fun!

Merikay said...

Sounds like your getting some relaxing done. Glad the fishing is good.