TALES OF OUR TRAVELS AND OUR LOVE OF ADVENTURE

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Roadworthy Recipe: Ranch Chicken Thighs

A couple notes here about cooking -
1. I put links to all my recipes from my cooking blog, Cookin' With Cyndi, in the sidebar of this blog.  Feel free to check them out - some are healthy, some are not - almost all of them are really, really good. There are a few that I tried, and will not eat again, but taste is an individual thing, so someone else might like them.

2. I am always on the lookout for recipes that would be tasty and easy to fix in my small trailer kitchen. I'm going to start gathering them under one link, and I'll call them Roadworthy Recipes. 

This is a roadworthy recipe:

Ranch Chicken Thighs

4-5 small boneless, skinless chicken breast thighs
1/4 cup bottled Italian dressing
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 375˚. Spray a 12 x 7 (or similar size) baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Put thighs in a bowl; add dressing and toss to coat.  In a large plastic bag, put the remaining ingredients. Place each thigh in the bag, close it, and shake to coat. Place thigh in baking dish. Repeat with remaining thighs.  Bake 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear when cut with a knife.


I sold the grandfather clock today!  Since it had been a gift for Don a long time ago, the money went into the savings account instead of the blue pig. 


Another Day Closer...

1 comment:

Merikay said...

It just so happens I'm making a very similar dish for dinner tonight except it is for chicken legs.

Roadworthy recipes sounds like a good idea. It would be great to have a feature where others can input recipes or variations that have worked for them.

It seems like there are a lot of foodies on the road!